Saturday, September 24, 2011

Personal Childhood Web


The Williams Family

My Mom: After my parents got back together, her focus was her children and family. She stayed home and opened up her Family Child Care Home and still continues this til this day. She is kind and easy to talk to. Every Sunday, we had family day where we spent this time as a family. My father was in the Military and was hardly home. Sunday was the only time we could stay in and be a family. My mom made it very easy for us to come and talk to her about anything. She boosted our confidence and self-esteem by becoming active in our school and conducting fashion shows for the community. It was she, I became inspired to work with children as well. Today, we still exchange ideas and opinions regarding cooking, curriculum, parenting and so on. She has been there for all of our developmental needs even social when our Father went to War. She kept everything together.

My Dad: Career was Military and as I mentioned, he was hardly home. When he was home, he would make his famous spaghetti and hot dogs. My mom and dad believed in a education and wanted us to succeed. My dad, would stay up as last as possible, when I was having trouble with my homework. He would always check our work to ensure we had the right answers and explain how to solve them. He wanted us to go in to the school with the confidence of knowing and understanding our subjects at hand.

I recall times when my parents came outside and played kickball with us. The next thing we knew, the whole housing area was playing too (children and their parents). I remember the water fights and all. Overall, my parents were very supportive, though they had busy schedules, they still made time for us. This was the best a child could ever have. We felt loved and important.

My siblings: I am the oldest of the bunch. They looked up to me for advice, however, there were things they taught me as well. Moving around every three years with the Military, we were each others support when entering a new school. Later we would meet our friends and often bounded together and hang out.

My sister and cousin: My cousin became a member of our family when her mother became ill. Our cousin is best know as our sister. Together, we would share many ideas and clothes too. Lol When we needed someone to talk to (about boys), we would turn to one another. We each possess different skills and taught or inspired each other. I was into art and dance, my sister Cheer leading and my cousin, Music. We were the three trios. Today, my sister is inspired by education, that she is now attending college for Child Development.

My brother: Was our protector and us his. No one was allowed to mess with his sisters. It was he who taught us how to climb trees, build large snowballs and more. Importantly, as we got older, he introduced me to his best friend in High School. 19 years later, my husband and I are still happily together.

I am thankful for my family.


3 comments:

  1. Rhonda you have a very nice family. My father wasnt in military, but he was the Plant Manager over a company, that kept him from being at home alot so when my brothers and I would get a chance to see him we would do family things together as well. I really enjoyed reading about your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda! I admire how your parents made a way to spend quality time with you. This is exactly what a child needs. Your family had lots of fun. I hope that you continue their legacy with your own family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda,You had a fun family as I did. In my neighborhood we came out in force to play Hide n Seek, Red Light and Mother, May I?. Ours was a dead end street and once we started, others showed up. My dad hanged innertubes and tires from trees to make swings and he climbed trees with us playing "Tarzan". Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete